[CQ-Contest] band plan definition - LSB vs USB

Tom W8JI w8ji at w8ji.com
Wed Oct 3 21:04:17 EDT 2012

- If my station is operating on USB, with a typical 3 dB transmit bandwidth
of
2.7 kHz, then virtually all of the power of my fundamental emission is above
my
suppressed carrier frequency, and extends from my suppressed carrier
frequency
to at least 2.7 kHz above my suppressed carrier frequency.

No.

The start frequency is the missing carrier +  lowest audio tone passed.

The stop is highest passed audio freq + the missing carrier.

The FCC considers only the radiation, not the missing carrier, so with
normal audio of 300-3000 it would be F+.3 to F+3, or with the dial set at
14.300 it would be 14.3003 to 14.303 plus any distortion or filter
blow-through.The FCC doesn't care where the missing carrier is, so if 14.300
was segment or band end, it wiould be at least 3000 Hz out of band.