[CQ-Contest] band plan definition - LSB vs USB

Steve London n2icarrl at gmail.com
Thu Oct 4 12:20:01 EDT 2012

On 10/03/2012 07:04 PM, Tom W8JI wrote:
> - If my station is operating on USB, with a typical 3 dB transmit bandwidth of
> 2.7 kHz, then virtually all of the power of my fundamental emission is above my
> suppressed carrier frequency, and extends from my suppressed carrier frequency
> to at least 2.7 kHz above my suppressed carrier frequency.
>
> No.

What do you mean, "No" ?

suppressed carrier frequency". Your explanation completely validates what I
said. You also conveniently edited-out my later paragraph, so I'll repeat it again:

- When you consider the shape factor of typical transmit filtering, and the 3rd
order IMD characteristics of SSB transmitters, the situation is actually much
worse than I have stated.

I won't put words in your mouth, but your reply really should have been, "Yes,
but it's even worse than you stated".

73,
Steve, N2IC