[CQ-Contest] My RED CARD - IT9GSF

Cqtestk4xs at aol.com Cqtestk4xs at aol.com
Wed Apr 10 12:03:39 EDT 2013

However, he was the one who changed the logs.  That is an individual
action and qualifies for a red card.

Bill K4XS/KH7XS

In a message dated 4/10/2013 3:25:16 P.M. Coordinated Universal Time,
toivo.hallikivi at gmail.com writes:

Hello,

Without referring to any of the particular cases  mentioned in this
discussion I must say I'm a little concerned about the  collective
punishment
aspect of the CQWW and CQWPX rules about the Red  Card. From rule XIII of
both CQWW and CQWPX:
"If the entrant receiving a  Red card is in a multi-operator category, all
listed operators are so  affected."
Is this really fair? If an operator joins a big multi-op team to  operate
for
a certain period of time and later the team leader or whoever  submitting
the
log decides to alter the log the way that results in a red  card then what
has that particular operator done wrong to deserve the red  card?

Or the other way around - in an imaginary situation of  a  big multi-op crew
one operator decides to unplug the PTT inhibit wire to  work that rare DX
that he cannot get because the PTT lock-out system keeps  getting in the way
and as a result there are two signals on the same band.  What are his or
hers
20 team members guilty of for receiving the  card?

Have you ever seen the whole soccer team being chased off the  field and
banned from the next 3 games when one player has received a red  card for an
unsportsmanlike tackle?

73, Toivo,  ES2RR
CQ-Contest mailing  list
CQ-Contest at contesting.com