[CQ-Contest] Remote Contest Operation

Robert Chudek - K0RC k0rc at citlink.net
Tue Apr 16 20:52:16 EDT 2013

Paul, your question is a diversion and a cop out.

The 500 meter rule is to contain the RX/TX within this close proximity
to each other. That is entirely a different issue than "pseudo amateur
QSOs" that use radio links to communicate with the RX/TX bundle at a
remote site. You failed to identify the difference I was asking about.

In any case, let's take the 500 meter rule for example and bounce that
laser off the same building a mile away. Your RX/TX, tower, antenna, and
operator are all sitting within the 500-meter circle, but with an
obstructed line-of-sight. Obviously the control link is about 2 miles in
length, far exceeding the 500 meter limit. What is the ruling on this?

73 de bob - KØRC in MN