[CQ-Contest] Remote contest operation

VR2BrettGraham vr2bg at harts.org.hk
Tue Apr 16 22:21:44 EDT 2013

The situation where the operator of the station is not actually present
at the station is something probably few telecom laws/regulations have
anticipated.  Ours here does not.

There is also probably an issue with effectively extending some place's
regulatory regime to cover the operator outside its territory.  Ours
here does not.

I suspect due diligence will find remote operation of amateur stations
from beyond the jurisdiction under which the station operates to be a
non-starter in many places.

But since we have seen operators without suitable authorization to
operate the station but were actually at the station entering
radiosporting events, I fully expect where remote operation is not
lawful will also slip through the cracks.

73, ex-VR2BG/p.