[CQ-Contest] Remote Contest Operation

Radio K0HB kzerohb at gmail.com
Tue Apr 16 23:46:53 EDT 2013

NEWS RELEASE

ARLL HQ, Oldington, CO (Apr 17, 2013)

The FCC has leaked a copy of its proposed new Amateur Radio Service
rules (Part 97), which will be effective 90 days after being posted in
the National Register. They are reproduced below in their entirety, and
will not be subject to public comment.

97.1 You are required to pass a stiff technical test to show
that you understand how to build transmitting equipment
which meets spectral purity specifications of .....blah, blah,
blah. You will be issued a callsign when you pass the test.
Transmit your call sign once every 10 minutes when on
the air.

97.2 Your power limit is 1.5KW to the antenna.

97.3 Here are your bands. Stay inside of them.

97.4 Your are encouraged to tinker and experiment and communicate
and do public service and talk to strangers in far away lands and
launch communications satelites into space and other technical radio
stuff you may think up. The government doesn't care what mode
you use for any of this. Work it out among yourselves.

97.5 Play nice. We'll try to keep the CBers out of your hair, and
deliberate interference or other assinine behaviour on your part will
cause Riley to come and kick your ass off the playground. Have fun.

Love always,
/signed/ FCC

73, Hans, K0HB
--
Support the National Endowment for Creative Misology.

73, de Hans, K0HB
"Just a boy and his radio"
--
Sea stories at --------> http://K0HB.wordpress.com