[CQ-Contest] Changes to the rules of the CQ WW

Steef steefpa3s at gmail.com
Wed Aug 28 14:03:45 EDT 2013

Hello all,

I am sorry I wasn't clear!

We are running a extreme low budget station.
About 75% is made of stuff other trow away (trash) ore give away (semi
trash)!

My equipment is also low budget compared to a lot of “Big Gun” stations.
I have manual tuned amps, two different radio's in SO2R, manual changing
antenna's and filters and everything else is manual :-)
And I operate almost the complete 48 hours, all by myself including all
mentioned before during band changes.

So a mistake is easily made, as I have bean pointed out before during a
contest by a certain person who's a call is ending on ZD during a CQ WW
contest.. oeps..
I do not have the ability to have a high bandwidth Internet connection at
the contest site.
I have to use a dongle in a computer on top of the bunker, with UTP cable
connected to the computer 7 meters below the ground in the bunker.
RBN will about max out the bandwidth, so WebSDR is also not a option.

So I just want to have a visualization of my signal during the contest, or
have some kind of warning other than the comment of others.
Especially during the difficult hours and at the end of the contest.
And I was hoping someone already have don this before, and is willing to
share information about this.

Thank you for time and efforts.
And again, please excuse my English.

73