[CQ-Contest] Fwd: [PPRAANet] CQ Magazine

Jack Haverty. k3fiv at arrl.net
Sat Dec 14 16:28:14 EST 2013

For another example of the changes in the publishing industry, take a look
at http://model-railroad-hobbyist.com/    This is a "magazine" for the
model railroad hobby.  But it's far more than an electronic version of a
paper magazine.  It includes video tutorials, live links to advertisers for
more information or purchases, forums for discussions, etc.

I think a similar "magazine" for the amateur radio hobby would be just as
successful and useful.   Could be what an existing publication like CQ
evolves into, or perhaps someone new will do it?

If I were in charge of a struggling hobbyist magazine, I'd take a look at
what the model railroad world did and see how to do the same for radio.

73,
/Jack de K3FIV