[CQ-Contest] contest clubs and boundaries

Joe nss at mwt.net
Sat Feb 2 09:35:37 EST 2013

My feeling always was just like any other Radio club, Where the club
boundaries were determined by both the number of members in the club, as
well as the distance from like the meeting place of the monthly meeting.

The distance was more or less the distance someone would be willing to
travel once a month to the "Meeting"

And numbers of members all have to do with density. Like where i am now,
the nearest "Club" is a 45 minute drive. And has maybe a dozen members.

Yet where I came from the Chicago area there are maybe a dozen clubs or
more within that 45 minute drive time and each one has over 100 members.

I would never in any case say a person is a member of a club, if the
travel to the monthly meeting is longer than what they would be willing
to do every single month.

Joe WB9SBD
Sig
The Original Rolling Ball Clock