[CQ-Contest] Sunday afternoon boredom is the wet blanket on SS (was Rules off the table ?)

Jeff Clarke ku8e at bellsouth.net
Tue Feb 5 18:51:56 EST 2013

Is there another all band contest (160 and 10 meter contests don’t count) that you can only work a station only once ? (not on each band)  I don’t think so. Like many said BORING. Most stations don’t even bother to operate the full 24 hours. I wasn’t even born when the SS rules were first written so I don’t know what the rational was behind allowing only one QSO. Maybe one of you old-timers might know ?

My guess to why SS might be popular for some is it’s just been around for such a long time. It’s kind of the same reason that Field Day is so popular.  You work stations in both of these contests that you normally don’t work in all the other ones. It’s about time that the ARRL  updated the rules.

Jeff KU8E