[CQ-Contest] CQ-Contest Digest, Vol 122, Issue 44

Peter Sundberg sm2cew at telia.com
Tue Feb 19 13:19:47 EST 2013

I would not be surprised if the extra character was added due to a
round-the-world echo on signals. It makes sense to see a dit added to K3LR
and a dash to K5GO when the signal has made a round the world trip. How
would the skimmer be able to tell? It's a machine and we know that machines
are not perfect.

In contrast, experienced CW operators are.

:-)

Peter SM2CEW

At 15:11 2013-02-19 , Ward Silver wrote:
>You were frequently spotted as TK5GO this weekend...I had no idea you
>were vacationing in Corsica, Stan :-)
>
>It's likely due to transmit leading-edge artifacts.  The following "E"
>(as in K3LRE) is probably artifact-driven as well.  These are not even
>noticeable to human operators but the software doesn't know to ignore
>them.  Yet.
>
>73, Ward N0AX (at K3LR on 15 this weekend with K1DG)
>
>On 2/19/2013 8:53 AM, cq-contest-request at contesting.com wrote:
>> On a secondary note, what causes there to be a huge number of EK3LR
spots from all over the world and not a single EK5GO?