[CQ-Contest] Summarizing the Skimmer Accuracy Thread

Ivo Pezer E73A/9A3A ivo.pezer at alice.it
Sun Feb 24 04:19:20 EST 2013

I agree with Tom's comments - with the skimmers/clusters used widely
nowadays, having the same penalty for a busted call may also be
reconsidered. Penalty for logging a busted callsing by
clickonspot-F4-F2-enter IMO should not be the same as a penalty for missing
a dot due to QRM, QRN, QSB etc.

Clicing on a spot and hitting F4, without an effort to check who is on the
other side, especially when more and more stations ID less as the pile up is
bigger, in my opinion is more severe negligence than missing unintentionally
a letter or hitting a wrong letter on a keyboard. The only "skill' assisted
op. demonstrated is clicking on a spot sent either by the remote skimmer or
cluster, so additional penalty should be for logging a busted callsign
without validating it.

73 Ivo I7/9A3A, E73A,