[CQ-Contest] Single Op/Get Scores Assisted

RT Clay rt_clay at bellsouth.net
Mon Feb 25 16:50:13 EST 2013

I don't think that would be legal. There are two parts to a "DX spot" that BOTH
contain
information:

1. the station's call
2. the frequency where that station is

Even if you only give someone SOME of all available information you are still
giving assistance.
The key here is that it is a frequency where another station is known to be
located.

Note that you CAN do something slightly different: find the location of all
signal peaks on a band.

Those can be determined mathematically without needing to decode the station's
callsign. Signal peaks

could equally well be coming from RFI from your neighbor's plasma TV or someone
tuning up as another

contest station. This is what I do in my software SO2SDR. No internet is needed
to do this. Yes, they can
 then be used to determine what frequencies are clear.

Tor
N4OGW