[CQ-Contest] Telegraph code in Lincoln movie

Gerry Hull gerry at yccc.org
Mon Jan 7 13:46:35 EST 2013

But the story does not answer my question:  In those days, they did not use
International Morse Code (what we use today),
they used "American" Morse Code...  All of the land-line telegraphy in
those days was American Morse Code.
Did the re-enactment guys learn American Morse?  The guy said he learned it
from his ham-radio dad.

So Still not a clear story.

73,

-Gerry W1VE