[CQ-Contest] Big Gun hogging two frequencies (K3KU complaint)

David Gilbert xdavid at cis-broadband.com
Mon Jan 14 14:38:48 EST 2013

I have to disagree there.  Ten seconds in a major contest is plenty long
enough to check for an available frequency.  I can pretty much guarantee
that if I wait longer than that somebody will grab it before I do.  I
always ask twice if a frequency is open, and it does not take more than
ten seconds to do that.  Try it yourself while watching the clock.

However, if I start calling CQ and somebody jumps back in that clearly
had the frequency before me, I move.

73,
Dave   AB7E