[CQ-Contest] Non-assisted & Assisted

Ron Notarius W3WN wn3vaw at verizon.net
Fri Jan 25 22:46:31 EST 2013

No sir.

With all due respect, I disagree.

If a contest does not explicitly offer a Single Op Assisted/Unlimited
category, your default choice is to enter Multi-Single.

Should the particular contest in question not distinguish between SO & SO/A,
then you can enter said contest in the SO category with a clear conscience.
If in doubt, query the contest organizer.

This is as it always has been.  There are a significant number of SO
operators who choose to operate contests without the technological advantage
(if any) of the cluster network.  Why force them to make a change?

If someone feels that a particular contest should have an SO/A category, and
doesn't, then discuss it with the particular contest organizers.  Maybe the
category doesn't exist because no one has asked before... so who's fault is
it if no one who wants it asks?

73