[CQ-Contest] IARU HQ Callsigns

Hank Greeb n8xx at arrl.org
Tue Jul 9 17:21:11 EDT 2013

OIC. The rules are specific.  It doesn't mean that there cannot be two
stations on the two modes on simultaneously from ID'ing themselves as
W1AW, for example, but they should have the same call on the same band.

It seems that the rules are redundant - why not have numerous stations
from a country IDing themselves as a HQ station, that would mean that
N8XX could be designated as a HQ station and give out ARRL, why W8XX
could be on the same band and ID as ARRL but the multiplier would go
with the HQ ID, NOT the station ID.  That would givepeople in countries
with a large geographical footprint, such as China, Russian, Canada,
Australia, Chile, to name a few, a better chance of working their own HQ
station on all bands.

But, that's up to next year's contest rules deliberation.

72/73 de n8xx Hg
QRP >99.44% of the time