[CQ-Contest] Reverse beacon of my own call?

Dale Putnam daleputnam at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 24 15:35:58 EDT 2013

I rather like looking back, through all the years of results.. comparing my results to....
mylt results, and others...especially if I can see... actually SEE the entry level.. somewhat a
comparison of apples to apples..
  Not all years are the same... in any number of factors.. and through the years.. some stations have one from
single op... now unassisted, then.. a boy and his radio... to multiop do all to end all... no.. the scores of those stations
really do show something..they show the improvement that technology can do.
  Even with texting on phones today, a message on cw will get through faster under perfect and not so perfect conditions.
Can we do better ourselves?.. yes! resoundingly so. Can the digi world do better.. oh sure... they can by a bunch.
So.. lets just add the class of ops.. of TECH ADDED... and do away with all the extra stuff. you can do a contest with
the parameters of simple... - boy and his radio -...or tech added... all the rest of the classes.. what ever they might be.
But somewhere in the results are the simple not assisted class scores. And through the years...
or if we can keep building contest ranks to a minimum, only a few years... and it will all go away anyway.
And we can worry about the simple stuff.. like.. who's using the old bands now, that ham radio isn't.

Have a great day,

Dale - WC7S in Wy