[CQ-Contest] : Reverse beacon of my own call?

w5ov at w5ov.com w5ov at w5ov.com
Wed Jul 24 19:19:37 EDT 2013

There are two parts to the CQWW rules concerning single operator that make
this entirely clear and without exception:

The first:
A. Single Operator Categories
1. Single Operator: QSO alerting assistance of any kind is prohibited (see
VIII.2).

Second: Definitions:

VIII.2. QSO alerting assistance: The use of any technology or other source
that provides call sign or multiplier identification along with frequency
information to the operator. It includes, but is not limited to, use of DX
cluster, packet, local or remote call sign and frequency decoding
technology (e.g., CW Skimmer or Reverse Beacon Network), or operating
arrangements involving other individuals.

So, as I read it, it says specifically that Single Ops may not use RBN
since RBN is part of the definition of assistance. It has nothing to do
with remote receivers.

The rules are published here:

http://www.cqww.com/rules.htm

73,

Bob W5OV

> "BTW CQ WW rules clearly disallow RBN for Single Operators with no any
Exception"