[CQ-Contest] : Reverse beacon of my own call?

iain macdonnell - N6ML ar at dseven.org
Wed Jul 24 21:18:26 EDT 2013

The way I read the CQWW rule, RBN is an *example* of a "technology or
other source that *COULD PROVIDE* call sign or multiplier
identification along with frequency information to the operator". If
it is not used to provide the operator with frequency information
about other call signs / multipliers, I don't think it would be in
violation of the rule. Another example might be CW Skimmer in "BLIND
mode" (not sure what the CQWW position on that actually is).

Personally, I don't think that querying the RBN to see where you're
being heard constitutes "QSO alerting assistance"... JMHO...

73,

    ~iain / N6ML