[CQ-Contest] : Reverse beacon of my own call?

Tom Osborne w7why at frontier.com
Fri Jul 26 00:46:16 EDT 2013

Personally I don't think using the RBN to see how loud you are is really
going to make any difference in your score.

1) Because you are monitoring your signal strength on the band you are CQing
on and you have set the filter to display ONLY your call sign.

2) Most of the serious single operators are using two radios anyway so they
know what the propagation is like on the bands they aren't running on.

Jeff KU8E

Hi Jeff

And, heaven forbid, to check propagation you might even listen to one of the
NCDXC beacons and that just might tell you where the band is open.

If it can't....well I feel sorry for you :-)  73
Tom W7WHY