[CQ-Contest] Vindictive Contesting

Mike Tessmer mtessmer at mindspring.com
Mon Jun 3 08:17:59 EDT 2013

I don't quite get this vindictive contesting thing.  What a royal waste of your time.  If the other guy doesn't quite measure up to your standard - whether that be cut numbers, sending too fast, sending too slow, not IDing enough - simply don't call him.  There are plenty of other stations to work, many of which probably meet your criteria.

Your "I'll sure show him!!" or "I'll get him!" methods may result in the other guy losing a few points but likely has minimal impact on his bottom line.  For sure it does ABSOLUTELY NOTHING for your score.  But I suppose if it makes YOU feel all warm and fuzzy.....congratulations!

73, Mike K9NW