[CQ-Contest] Busted Reversed Beacon Network spots

Brett Graham vr2bg at harts.org.hk
Sun Jun 23 05:46:09 EDT 2013

S56A suggested:

As I had said:

> The total of bogus-frequency spots were just shy of 3.9% of the total
> of the data set as described - nearly twice the high end of the range
> I had first suggested I thought it might be.

(5962 same-band-wrong-freq spots + 885 wrong-band spots) / 175584 spots
total = 3.89955% bogus-frequency spots.

The spurious responses of SDRs also appear in their recordings, so root
issue has potential to touch those who have nothing to do with RBN
during contests - especially if claim this is all to do with fecal
signals gets any traction.

-ex-VR2BG/p.