[CQ-Contest] Preview Draft of 2013 CQ WW Contest Rules

Steve London n2icarrl at gmail.com
Tue Jun 4 11:13:33 EDT 2013

On 06/04/2013 06:06 AM, Bob Naumann wrote:

> Everyone has been able to operate for the last 4 years under this rule
> without any concern.
>
> What it shows me is that no one has paid much attention to the rules until
> the current proposed re-write has been made public.
>
> Exactly as I expected.

Time-and-time again changes are made to contest rules. Not just CQWW,
but almost every contest. Years go by without a comment on this
reflector until, suddenly, the usual malcontent's rise from their Rip
Van Winkle-like slumber.

Maybe this is actually a good thing, since the effect of most rule
changes on 99.9% of the participants is zero. Having a rule change in
effect for years without anyone noticing proves it.

73,
Steve, N2IC