[CQ-Contest] ARRL FD Rule 4 Opinion?...

K5WA K5WA at Comcast.net
Fri Jun 7 10:37:21 EDT 2013

If it doesn't matter, why in the world would the rule be put in place?
Somebody went to a lot of effort to insert the rule without CAC review and
then refine the rule further this year.  It appears to target a single
record holder with the unintended consequence of locking in that score
forever as a now unachievable record.

Fortunately, we don't need or own a "lock-out box" because we have developed
some great hand signals to coordinate operations.of course we end up
offending each other regularly as the hand signals "get more urgent" during
FD but we are all friends afterwards.  ;-)

Bob K5WA

Message: 7

Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2013 14:26:45 -0400

From: Gerry Hull <gerry at yccc.org>

To: Edward Sawyer <SawyerEd at earthlink.net>,     CQ-Contest

      <cq-contest at contesting.com>

Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] ARRL FD Rule 4 Opinion?...

      <CABPfG-6KWPzETWuOJ482yHr1r7RxbSTWg-ChAfXkKU9JeBmU4A at mail.gmail.com>

Agreed, Ed.  In the end, It doesn't matter one hill of beans..

I'll ask the FD chairman -- but I'm simply a band captain trying to figure

out what I want to do.

The club has been 4A for years -- they probably don't want to change now.

Until this rule this year, it would not have been a no-brainer decision.