[CQ-Contest] Fwd: Re: CQ WW Rules (draft 2)

Gary K9GS garyk9gs at wi.rr.com
Mon Jun 17 22:35:01 EDT 2013

Doc,

Your post to the reflector is probably fine.  I see you're a gmail user.
That's likely the problem. I manage a few e-mail lists and this is a
common problem with gmail users.  One way to check for sure is to see if
your posts appear in the archive.

Gmail, in a mis-guided attempt to keep your in-box uncluttered, treats
the post coming back from the reflector as a duplicate and deletes it.

See: http://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/gmail/MHEZDkqCHEY

If you spend some time on Google you'll find a lot of discussion. I
manage a few e-mail lists and when this first came up with one of my
users it drove me nuts.  Just one more reason I hate gmail.

On 6/17/2013 9:04 PM, W0MU Mike Fatchett wrote:

> [...]

Gary K9GS

Greater Milwaukee DX Association: http://www.gmdxa.org
Society of Midwest Contesters: http://www.w9smc.com
CW Ops #1032   http://www.cwops.org