[CQ-Contest] Remote

Milt -- N5IA n5ia at zia-connection.com
Wed Jun 19 14:40:01 EDT 2013

Mike,

It is impossible to reason with anyone who does not have a semblance of
common sense.

They are so wrapped up in their tiny ball of me, myself and I, that they are
incapable of looking at the whole picture and applying the same criteria to
all facets of the hobby.

It really does smack me up the side of the face to know that the nearly 40
years I have dedicated to the repeater and remote base facet of 'ham radio'
have been all for naught because it is not 'ham radio communication'.

Yep, to apply their criteria moon bounce 'ham radio communication' is not
amateur radio because the moon was not installed by amateurs; nor do amateur
constructed satellites provide 'ham radio communications' because hams did
not construct and launch the rockets propelling the satellites to orbit.
And don't you dare make that keying line or microphone cable longer than 6
feet; or heaven forbid long enough to allow you to 'REMOTE CONTROL' your
shack mounted transceiver from the luxury of the recliner in the family room
or living room.  Because that just isn't 'ham radio communication' if you
can't see the dial and touch the knobs.

Freedom of expression and speech is a God given right while the use of that
right to belittle another person for their exercise of the same right is NOT
a right.

The end requirement is the understanding that LIFE ISN'T FAIR, and never
will be.  Human beings are individuals with the God given ability to think
for themselves, reason with the best knowledge they have attained in life,
and make decisions for what they perceive as their best interest.  But they
do NOT have a right to infringe on the same right of their fellow beings.

To all, express your opinion and the reasons you believe so, but don't beat
the other person over the head because he doesn't agree with you.

Mis dos centavos.  73 de

Milt, N5IA