[CQ-Contest] Remote, apples and oranges

W0MU Mike Fatchett w0mu at w0mu.com
Fri Jun 21 20:07:15 EDT 2013

If you are licensed in the USA you can legally operate remote from all
of the territories as they are all covered by the FCC.  Other countries
could be similar or different.

The point is why should anyone care.  Technology is almost to the point
where it is nearly impossible to know that a station is being remote
operated.

The only thing that matters is that operation legal under that countries
laws and we need only concern ourselves with where the rf is radiated from.

This remote conversation concerns such a tiny portion of contest
operations I have to wonder if this get brought up to keep the attention
off the real issues in contest.

How many remote contest logs are being submitted?  I bet less than 100.

Mike W0MU