[CQ-Contest] Different Location,

Joe nss at mwt.net
Fri Mar 1 10:41:21 EST 2013

When operating at a different location from what is on your license,
especially when out of your own country, we used to sign differently.

When did this all change anyway?

I've been out of the hobby as far as HF goes for a while.  And the first
time I heard someone sign something like VP9/WB9SBD
I thought what a dumbass doing it backwards!

Dude you are Station WB9SBD portable in Bermuda

Just like when you had to remember everyone having to sign like WB9SBD/9
during field day? because you were operating someplace different from
where your license says.

this doing the prefix first just drives me nuts, it was not like that
before and when did it change.
A quick look at my QSL's in less than 5 minutes I found 3 examples of
how it used to be.

http://i51.tinypic.com/2dlua20.jpg

Like in those three above was how it was done. When and why has it changed?

Joe WB9SBD
--
Sig
The Original Rolling Ball Clock