[CQ-Contest] Different Location,

Zack Widup w9sz.zack at gmail.com
Fri Mar 1 11:25:46 EST 2013

I don't know the history of this, but for many years the convention for
most of the world has been to sign (portable locator)/(callsign). The USA
stands apart in this, as we sign (callsign)/(portable locator).

It's been that way for at least 20 years as I can remember. The cards you
posted go much farther back than that. I also have some cards from the
60's, 70's and 80's that showed the locator after the callsign. But I do
recall stations signing with the portable locator first as far back as 1993.

Does anyone recall more exactly when this changed?

73, Zack W9SZ