[CQ-Contest] Some positives / HS0ZCW

Ktfrog007 at aol.com Ktfrog007 at aol.com
Tue Mar 5 10:44:58 EST 2013

I have one dictionary with the first definition of sport  as:

any activity or experience that gives enjoyment and recreation; pastime;
diversion

That can cover a lot of territory, although your  mileage may vary.  I
usually describe ham radio contests to my  civilian friends as competitions, and
serious ones based on the time and  money you can devote to it.  My litany
goes like:

-They are among the largest competitive events in the  world.

-Every entrant can (potentially) interact with every other  entrant and to
their mutual benefit.  Small players as are  important as big ones.

-Some people spend enormous amounts of money and time to  compete.  Maybe
not quite like big time auto racing, but in that  direction.

-And to really get their attention: WE HAVE CHEATING  SCANDALS!  That adds
great legitimacy.

And, Jukka, I'd rather suffer a Finnish inquisition than  some of the
others I've heard of.  Sweating it out in a sauna?

73,
Kermit, AB1J

In a message dated 3/5/2013 14:14:09 Coordinated Universal Time,