[CQ-Contest] The contesting.com survey

Stan Stockton wa5rtg at gmail.com
Sun Mar 17 15:09:18 EDT 2013

Although this survey is supposedly just for fun, it is yet another public, open forum for stating your views regarding whether to eliminate/combine/merge Single Operator category and you can read what others have to say with identification as to who is saying what.

It now been further clarified this morning on the actual survey that the question is only whether the committee should have an open discussion regarding making that change.  Found out there were many, like me, who didn't know how to answer that question or how those responses might be interpreted.

The intention appears to be to elicit YES responses from both sides of the real issue which means the question means absolutely nothing from a survey point of view and everything if the results of the survey are interpreted like most surveys - to see how people stand on one side or the other of a real issue.  I was told clearly that those who are against the proposed change should be willing to vote Yes.

In my opinion the safe route for someone who wants to eliminate/combine/merge is YES, the safe route for someone who is not in favor to eliminate that category is NO and for each to make their comments.

How would you interpret the results if 80% said they thought there should be an open discussion to eliminate the Single Operator category and you knew nothing else?   I would say, in that case, there are a vast majority who think it is worth considering.  How would you then interpret those same results if you found out, for example, that 90% of all responders did not want the proposed change regarding categories to be made?

The real survey is here. http://cqww2013.questionpro.com/ in case you missed it when the link was included in K5ZD's response to another post a week ago.

Looking forward to the time when the technology associated with allowing me to reset my password for contesting.com can be made to work by the people working on it so I can submit a response to the actual question posed by the survey. :-)

73...Stan, K5GO