[CQ-Contest] I just will not send in logs

w2lc at twcny.rr.com w2lc at twcny.rr.com
Mon Mar 18 21:07:42 EDT 2013

If I remember correctly it was a contest with a 5 day deadline, maybe the Sprint or NAQP ?  It was Friday evening and I sent the log only to find out I missed the deadline by something like an hour or so. So I do not believe the log checking had started yet. From the automated response it sounded like the log would not be used even as a checklog.

Sure if you miss the deadline late enough I don't expect anyone to pay any attention to the submission, but if the checking has not started, why not accept it as a check log?

I have been sending in all of my logs even though not competitive. Trying to do my part and support the contests with the limited operating I have been doing lately. If I miss the deadline that's my fault, gotta be more aware of the submission deadline.

John, you are right, I find this reflector can be a big turn-off sometimes. I can only imagine what a new contester thinks.

So lets see something positive. I had some US stations call me during ARRL DX. I logged most of them even though they don't count for points. I didn't mind, I was operating what I could, and mostly S&Ping the DX that was on. I thought the DX activity was pretty good, but I only had 800 Q's.Some very good non-US ops out there that put in a lot of time in ARRL DX. Thanks! And maybe the us stations I worked will get interested in a contest and look up the rules and give it a go for a few contacts next time. A little contest good will can go a long way.

73 Scott W2LC