[CQ-Contest] CQWW Survey

Maarten van Rossum pd2r.maarten at gmail.com
Tue Mar 19 09:21:50 EDT 2013

*Brian C4Z / 5B4AIZ said
*
Having said that I do not believe that there are many serious contest
operators who do not read this list and those ops that do  are the ones who
matter, the ones who make the contests work and without them any contest
will fade away.*
*
*
So non-English speaking contesters who are not comfortable reading this
reflector can't possibly be serious, their opinions don't really matter and
they do not contribute to the success of contests?

I'm sure that's not what you meant.

My point is that there are many serious contesters out there who's
call-sign's never appear is this list because they are not comfortable
reading English. It's down right arrogant to assume that only those
contesters that can understand English are the one's who's opinions matter
and make contests work.

Now, I'm not saying we should translate this list (or the CQWW survey for
that matter) in several different languages but at least take into account
that not everyone is capable of understanding the English language.

73, Maarten PD2R
PI4DX