[CQ-Contest] Is the wpx a prefix test or dx contest?

john at kk9a.com john at kk9a.com
Sat May 11 20:30:42 EDT 2013

If you want to compare apples to apples, WX3B had 22,384,128 pts and NQ4I
had 22,326,304 pts.  The U.S. M/M category was a very close race and you
could have won with a few more more high band QSOs.  I do not think that 80m
is a big factor in WPX. Conditions were poor in the 2013 WPX phone contest
however there was a lot of U.S. activity, at least on 20m where I operated
and made a record number of QSOs. You are comparing your score to K1LZ whose
operators did a phenomenal job in this contest.  Other well staffed super
stations in New England such as WW1WW did not come close to Krassy's score.

John KK9A