[CQ-Contest] Will there be anyone to work in 20 years?

Joe nss at mwt.net
Thu May 30 16:28:12 EDT 2013

Re[ly to paragraph A below

This I agree 100%
I had a down time from ohhh 1993 till about 2005,
And when I fired up the Old Drake that was sitting in the damp basement,
I thought it had died because while it would transmit I heard almost no
signals. And I remember from when i got my ticket in 1975, a sunspot
minimum even then the bands were every day full end to end.  on SSB you
very rarely would have a qso where there wasn't a grumbler down below or
a squaky above you all the time. and it was like this till 1993 when i
lost everything and was off the air.

Thinking the Drake was dead I saved and finally got a new to me used
Kenwood TS-430S it is now 2010, and i hook it up and think I bought a
piece of junk from the guy  this is hearing no better than the Drake is.

The next weekend is I think is was SS Phone and wow the bands sound like
they did every day. jam packed and full.  this is what I remember every
day being like.

But as soon as the contest was over the bands returned to emptyness.

Now that is a question,,, what has killed activity?

Joe WB9SBD
Sig
The Original Rolling Ball Clock
Idle Tyme