[CQ-Contest] Running ID

Gerry Hull gerry at yccc.org
Wed Nov 6 10:59:03 EST 2013

During CQWW SSB, I remember a station in Africa who was not identifying
himself except every half hour (or longer).  I laughed so hard when an
(obviously) young operator finally broke the the pile and said:
"You know, sir, you could probably work a lot more DX and contest stations
if you would give your call more often."

The irony in this is that the entire world was in the pileup.   Did the
operator even acknowledge the comment?  Nope, and didn't identify either.

This is a hard problem to solve, and can probably only be rectified by
sanctions or disqualification.  If the operator is not interested in the
standings, there is really nothing that can be done.

It's an easy problem to prove with contest recordings.

73, Gerry W1VE