[CQ-Contest] Automation = lost essential skills

Radio K0HB kzerohb at gmail.com
Wed Nov 20 19:09:29 EST 2013

Kelly, the onus must be borne by the transmitting station.    The receiving station cannot be responsible to second guess what "should" have been sent, and cannot lose points for correctly transcribing to what was actually sent.

You, as the receiver, must be able to trust John N0IJ when he inadvertently sends his SEC as MN in SSCW because he misloaded his f-key macros, even if you remember from an MWA reflector that he said he was going to his WI shack for the weekend, and the the contest sponsor must credit you with correctly copying the exchange.

73, de Hans, K0HB