[CQ-Contest] Automation = lost essential skills

RT Clay rt_clay at bellsouth.net
Thu Nov 21 17:00:54 EST 2013

The callsign requirement is clearly stated in the SS rules, look it up:

4. Contest Exchange: The required exchange consists of:

4.1. A consecutive serial number;
4.2. Precedence;
4.3. Your Callsign
4.4. Check
4.5. ARRL/RAC Section (click here for the official list)

I also noticed that the rules on the ARRL web page were recently changed to address the issue of operating more than 24 hours:

2.4. Scores will be calculated from contacts logged during the first 24 hours of operation.
Clarification: the intent of this rule is to limit operating time (listening or transmitting) to
24 hours. Contacts logged after 24 hours of operation will not be counted toward the
final score, there is no penalty for including those contacts in a submitted log, and the
station contacted is eligible to receive credit for the contact.

As of October 24, 2.4 used to just say (thanks Internet Wayback Machine!):

2.4 All entries may operate no more than 24 of the 30 hours.

Tor
N4OGW