[CQ-Contest] WHY - and other observed behavior

Jim Smith jimsmith at shaw.ca
Wed Nov 27 06:17:00 EST 2013

Here's something that works for me.

If someone isn't getting my call I typically hit PgDn (in N1MM) a couple
of times and send my call, say, three times.

If that doesn't work I hit CTRL-K to turn on the keyboard CW sender and,
with significant space between the letters, type V  E  7  F  O and, if
he's missing part of the FO I type F O  F O  F O.

That often does the trick.

And yes, If someone very weak is calling me and I can't get the call
pretty quickly, I'll blow him off so as to not lose my run frequency.

73, Jim	VE7FO