[CQ-Contest] SO (A) in ARRL 10/160

Paul O'Kane pokane at ei5di.com
Wed Nov 27 04:06:57 EST 2013

On 27/11/2013 05:15, Randy Thompson K5ZD wrote:
> It is too bad the ARRL did not take the forward looking position and use
> this opportunity to allow all single ops to use spotting assistance.  These
> contests would benefit from less categories rather than more.

And why has K5ZD not already done the same for "his"
contest - CQWW?  It's because a recent survey made it
clear that we, the SO entrants, didn't want it.

The only benefit of this move would be to CQ and ARRL.
As contest sponsors, they would be relieved of the
unwanted responsibility of identifying which single
ops used spotting assistance from other operators.
Wasn't that once known as Multi-Op?  :-)

Fewer categories?  Yes, why not?  Let's take the
forward looking position and combine power levels.
And what about "classic" categories?   Well, it's
obvious - real men don't need time off.

73,
Paul EI5DI