[CQ-Contest] two radios on same band (10m contest)

Rex Maner k7qq at netzero.net
Thu Nov 28 12:12:38 EST 2013

In the early 70's  K7JA and myself W5QQQ operated at W7RM, we started on 15 ssb working JA's and the Caribbean, Chip was running well over 200 Q's per hour and I was S & P .

At this particular time there was no restriction on how many signals could be on the band at the same time.

We were both running Collins S-Line and KW's.

The antennas had aprox 250 foot of vertical separation . The lower antenna was about 70 ft above saltwater beaming to Asia and antenna # 2 was at 170 foot beaming east.

We were able to, with ease operate within 15Khz and not even know the other station was on the band. We had no filters .

Rex K7QQ