[CQ-Contest] two radios on same band (10m contest)

Steve London n2icarrl at gmail.com
Thu Nov 28 12:34:12 EST 2013

100m is a very good separation on 10 meters, if you have that much space.

I was just doing some measurements this morning between two 6 element,
10 meter antennas that are about 50 meters apart. One is 25 meters high,
the other 10 meters high.

Pointed at each other at 1500 watts, 2.1 watts is delivered into a 50
ohm load. That is way too much for any receiver without protection. Even
at 150 watts, 210 mW is too much. Obviously, this is a worst case. In my
situation it would happen when one antenna is pointed JA, the other
South America. For the orthogonal situation of both antennas pointed at
EU, 1500 watts would result in only 2 mW into the other receiver.

73,
Steve, N2IC