[CQ-Contest] SS question

W0MU Mike Fatchett w0mu at w0mu.com
Mon Oct 28 10:38:15 EDT 2013

 From the rules:

*2.4.* All entries may operate no more than 24 of the 30 hours.

So if you plan to submit a log for scoring then I would not operate over
24 hours.

Getting the elusive sweep in SS a big part of the fun and the strategy.
I would hate to find out that Station W1AAA lost to W1BBB because W1BBB
worked VY1ZZ after VY1ZZ's 24 hours were up. There is nothing that can
be done if VY1ZZ doesn't bother to submit a log, so maybe it doesn't
matter or does it?

I don't know what the ARRL or the log checking software does if you
operate substantially more than the 24 hour period.

CQ WW and ARRL DX allow you to operate 48 hours max.  With the advent of
the classic overlay CQ is encouraging you to operate more so that the
contest does not die at the end.

Mike W0MU