[CQ-Contest] Fwd: NILs hurt

Jeff Blaine jeff at ac0c.com
Sun Sep 1 02:40:07 EDT 2013

You are right - it's the job of the RX station to get it right.
Fortunately, few are going to lose sleep if they don't have KB3LIX in their
log.

Why?  there are tons of hams in your area - and they are active.  On the
other hand, working HS from the US does not happen often - especially from
the black hole of the midwest.  And you can bet that while guys here and in
UE may be somewhat caviler about double checking a 3-prefix from the US, you
can bet they are going to be a lot more careful with an HS.

Which is why Charles probably feels the way he does about it.  If a guy gets
an HS on the line, you would think he would take very good care to get that
blasted call sign and the other details nailed down.  I know I would!

>From the DX black hole of Kansas...

73/jeff/ac0c
www.ac0c.com
alpha-charlie-zero-charlie