[CQ-Contest] NILs hurt

john at kk9a.com john at kk9a.com
Wed Sep 4 14:42:18 EDT 2013

Hearing QSO B4 is so annoying when calling a station that is not in your
log. It happens to me almost every contest. I work the dupes that call me!

John KK9A

To:	cq-contest at contesting.com
Subject:	 Re: [CQ-Contest] NILs hurt
From:	 Jim Preston <jpreston1 at cox.net>
Date:	 Wed, 04 Sep 2013 09:29:52 -0700

Jukka,

That doesn't always work. In a recent contest, a running station confirmed
my exchange. However, I hadn't sent an exchange yet. He then went on to
work another station. Since I hadn't sent my exchange, we didn't have a
valid QSO. I called him back and got B4. I tried calling him later and got
B4. Since we didn't have a good QSO, he didn't get in my log.

73,

Jim N6VH