[CQ-Contest] NILs hurt

Martin , LU5DX lu5dx at lucg.com.ar
Wed Sep 4 22:33:25 EDT 2013

Hey Barry.
I think calling idiots to those who eventually send B4 or DUPE or QSO B4 is
a bit too much.
Most of us work dupes without even worrying about it.
BUT (and this is a big BUT), there are quite a few hundred of ops who call
blind by clicking on a DX spot in the band maps and those spots now and
then are busted.
So why would you work a bunch of lids who think they are calling W2VP
instead of W2UP (who they actually contacted B4).
This is not a common dupe situation. I rather send B4 in this scenario, and
may be one of the blind callers will be kind enough to correct the callsign
generated by the busted spot by sending a new one to the cluster.
There have been times where as much as twenty stations in a row would call
in based on a bad spot! Some of them are well known BIG GUN MMs!!

Vy 73.

Martin, LU5DX