[CQ-Contest] CQWW 1500 W output ... stop the limit :)

Dale Putnam daleputnam at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 11 18:34:46 EDT 2013

Having competed in the same contests... and read the same rules... and having read rules for contests many time over...the impression I have is that the wattmeter is connected directly to the transmitter, and read there. The power limit is determined at that point. Any deviation from that, needs to be reported directly to the nearest FCC Engineer in Charge, in the USA. For those stations outside the US of A, reports should be made to the appropriate enforcement authority.   And, having read the FCC rules several times, as applied to many different services, Amateur Radio being only one, the intent is clear. When required to report tx power, the dc power may be used, with the percentage of eff. of the finals included, along with transmission line impedance, as measured, and with what standard traceable instrument, and the rf current being carried.   Never saw allowances for transmission line losses allowed, in the figures, unless a standard of transmission field of radiation study was being done, to effect a radiation pattern study being requested by the FCC, and that was an unusual case.   Can someone please tell me where the references for allowing losses to be compensated for are? Or is this just another case of "I wanna have a big signal, no matter what the cost!"  ??  In which case, I will likely work around, over, through, and under them anyway, with my qrp signal, as measured at the transmitter.
Have a great day,

Dale - WC7S in Wy