[CQ-Contest] CQWW 1500 W output ... stop the limit :)

John Laney k4bai at att.net
Thu Sep 12 08:24:48 EDT 2013

I can tell you from this part of the world, from NQ4I, WW4LL, W4AN, and
other multi ops are not exceeding 1500W output from the amplifiers.
This is very closely monitored with an accurate wattmeter. This is true
at most major home stations.  I believe it is true for all the major
multi op stations in the US and Canada.  It is certainly true at all the
Caribbean multi ops I have operated at including PJ2T, PJ4A, and PJ4Z.

It is amazing to me that in certain areas in Europe, primarily, not only
do major contest stations openly break the 1.5 KW rule regularly, but
the operators there project their rule-defying practices on the major
contest operators in the rest of the world.

With malice toward none.  73, John, K4BAI.