[CQ-Contest] SECRETS OF CONTESTING, CHAPTER: I CAN'T REMEMBER

Gerry Hull gerry at yccc.org
Thu Apr 10 08:09:41 EDT 2014

I think Jim has an interesting idea.  However, I don't think replacing the
current contest with a Beta for a year will work, yet be accepted by the
powers-that-be.

However, even with a crowded contest calendar, why not try a beta with
adjusted rules, for a least a 24-hour cycle, sometime near the actual
contest dates?  The only way to find out if
something is going to work is to try it out.

The big complication is different scoring/log checking software will be
required, and will people be willing to put in that effort for a beta?

Something to think about.

73, Gerry W1VE